ability or desire of a criminal to commit a crime
but we can work to eliminate the opportunity.
- Crime Prevention is one of the most important tools in fighting
- Crime prevention is the whole community's responsibility, not
just the police.
- Crime Prevention creates a safer and more secure community by
developing partnerships between the community and police.
- Crime Prevention takes commitment.
We encourage you to take an active role in making your
community safe by familiarizing yourself with some basic crime prevention
tips to help minimize your chances of becoming a victim. Be aware of
your surroundings and vigilant about your personal safety and security.
Remember, it only takes a moment for a dishonest person to seize an
opportunity presented to him or her.
How can you help?
- Be alert
- Get to know your neighbors
- Get to know police officers in your area
- Get involved in the Neighborhood Watch Program
- Report suspicious activity – call 911
- Be a good witness - write down suspect and vehicle descriptions
For report non-emergency incidents, call 543-4911. For emergencies,
please call 911.
Click here to get information
on Safety and Prevention Tips
Click here, download or view online
our Crime Prevention Safety Guide