Click Here to Download Application in Adobe
Click Here to Download Application in MS Word
Computer Testing for Entry Level Applicants
The Pine Bluff Police Department has instituted computer generated testing for police officer applicants. After providing a completed application for employment to the Office of Professional Standards the applicant can take the entry level test and immediately know their score.
Call: (870) 850-2414 for more information.
Equal Employment Opportunities Statement
It is the policy of the Pine Bluff Police that no eligible person shall be denied the right of employment or advancement within the Pine Bluff Police, nor shall any person be denied admission or access to any of the Department's programs or activities offered the public on the basis of political or religious affiliation, race, sex, age, national origin, color, handicap or disability, or veteran status.
The Pine Bluff Police Department will attempt to refrain from contracting or associating with firms which openly and knowingly practice any form of discrimination in their employment practices.
The Pine Bluff Police Department recognizes the right of all citizens to take part in and to be provided equal opportunities in all public activities carried on by the Pine Bluff Police Department. The Pine Bluff Police Department will work toward the following goals and objectives as it relates to the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
- To insure an environment that will provide an equal opportunity for public employment to all eligible segments of society; and
- To increase the employment of female and minority citizens within the police and fire departments consistent with stat and federal law.
- Starting salary-$30,846.40
- Three weeks annual vacation
- Incentive pay for college credits (.50 per credit hour up to 120 hours or $60.00 a month)
- Certificate Pay: $15.00 per certificate up to $75.00 a month
- Sick leave at full pay according to length of service
- Life Insurance and Hospitalization
- Excellent Retirement Plan
- Employees may join Credit Union upon entry.
- Citizen of the United States
- At least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid Arkansas Driver's License
- Must pass test and successfully complete medical and related examinations and evaluations
- A comprehensive background investigation will be conducted
- Must have acceptable vision (uncorrected visual acuity must not exceed 20/100 in either eye, correctable to 20/20 or better in each eye)
- Must possess normal hearing in each ear
- Must establish residency consistent with City Residency requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
A Partial List of Applicant Disqualifications
- Having a conviction for, being under indictment for, or currently charged with any felony offense.
- Having a conviction for a Class A misdemeanor offense.
- Having a conviction for Driving Under the Influence (DWI or DUI) within five (5) years preceding the date of application, or more than one conviction at any time.
- Illegal use of any controlled substance, except the use of marijuana within the last three (3) years.